5 Interesting Unique Facts about Bamboo Plant
Bamboo (biological name - Bambusoideae) is a widely popular plant that belongs to tropical and subtropical lands.
Let’s divulge in a few little knows fun facts about Bamboo.
- Bamboo absorbs carbon dioxide and releases over 30% more oxygen compared to an equivalent mass of trees.
- Bamboos can tolerate extreme conditions and are drought tolerant. Some species can grow from sea level to up to 4000 m in the Andes and Himalayas withstanding temperatures well below -20°C.
- There are two varieties - the running variety and the clumping variety. The running variety spreads out and grows profusely. The clumping variety grows in a group in one place.
- Bamboo Forest on the edges of Kyoto, Japan is a tourist spot which is considered a visual delight and is known for its auditory calmness.
- Bamboo has a stronger structure than steel. Thus it is widely used in the construction industry.
Bamboo has proven itself as an effective natural resource and has over 100 uses which make its need even greater in today’s world.
There are so many products that are created from this versatile plant. Some of the interesting finds are listed here.